Traced back to over 3000 years, Nigella Sativa has been used extensively as a herbal remedy and as a food condiment for thousands of years.
The Black seed is said to be “a cure for every disease except death” by the Prophet of Islam Muhammed (PBUH).It is also mentioned in the Bible “For the black cumin is not threshed with a threshing sledge, nor is a cart wheel rolled over the cumin, but the black cumin is beaten out with a stick, and the cumin with a rod.”(Isiah 28:25,27 NKJV).
Black seed is an ancient remedy that has been used in Cleopatra’s time and is and is said to be attributed to the secret behind her beautiful skin and hair. There have been reports of these ‘health giving’ seeds being used throughout history in the Middle East, the Mediterranean and India – for everything from minor headaches and skin irritations to ailments otherwise deemed untreatable. Regarded throughout the entire Middle East as one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory herbs ever to exist.
Some classical examples of use of black seed in ancient history:
- Cleopatra used it as a beauty treatment.
- Queen Nefertiti used black cumin seed oil to bring lustre to her hair and nails.
- Hippocrates used it to assist with digestive and metabolic disorders.
- Archaeologists even confirmed that King Tut had the black seed in his tomb for use in the afterlife. It is no surprise really then that Black Seed Oil has also been used by practitioners of Ayurveda and Chinese.Traditional Medicine for thousands of years to treat an extensive list of mild to extreme health conditions. In recent years, it has been put to the test and several scientific studies confirm its long reported health benefits.
Nigella sativa, is an annualy flowering plant in the family Rananculacae, native to south and southwest Asia. Nigella sativa grows to 20–30 cm (7.9–11.8 in) tall, with finely divided, linear (but not thread-like) leaves. The flowers are delicate, and usually coloured pale blue and white, with five to ten petals.Its seed are variously called black-caraway, black-cumin, fennel-flower, nigella, nutmeg-flower, Roman-coriander, and kalonji (from Hindi-Urdu) and Habatul barakah , the blessed seed.
The Black seed oil typically contains, thymoquinone (Thymoquinone, one of the main active constituents within Nigella sativa), nigellone essential fats, fatty acids, proteins and vitamins and other nutrients, which all have amazing properties in healing.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT:
Black Seed Oil
- 100% ORGANIC
- COLD PRESS EXTRACTED
- CHEMICAL AND PRESERVATIVE FREE.
- An age old remedy known for strengthening of the immune system, boosting energy and many other health and beauty benefits.
WHAT MAKES OUR BLACK SEED OIL THE OIL OF CHOICE:
- COLD PRESS EXTRACTION ensures the preservation of all the nutrients.
- Packaged in a Glass bottle with Proof Sealed top (preventing contamination and enabling a shelf life of up to 1 year, if stored in a cool dry area)
- 100ml of Organic goodness that can last a month if taken consistently as per serving size suggestion.
- Highly concentrated and Artificial additive free.
- Drink it, or use as a massage oil.
- Numerous health benefits for specific or general well being.
- Nutritional information available.
Black Seed Oil Health Benefits:
- Boosts and strengthens immunity, helps to prevent colds & flu
- Eases digestive problems, calms upset stomachs
- Relieves constipation
- Soothes headaches
- Promotes heart health and reduces high blood pressure
- Lowers blood sugar levels.
- Helps treat skin conditions such as Eczema and Psoriasis
- Helps with congestion in the chest, throat & sinuses
- Helps to combat kidney stones
- Soothes arthritic & body pain
- As a scalp serum, prevents hair damage & falling hair
- Helps to inhibit cancerous tumor growth
- Eases Indigestion
- Promotes nail and hair growth.
- Use as a massage oil– Apply onto Muscles to ease pain
- And much more!