Organi-Mune is a 50ml tincture containing Sutherlandia Frutescens, Leonotis Leonorus and alcohol. Organi-Mune assists the body’s natural immune system and promotes a feeling of well-being. Organi-imune is what is known as an adaptogen – a substance that helps to adjust the body’s response, on a cellular level, to the stress of modern living. Adaptogens result in a regulating effect on the immune system, nervous system, endocrine system, cardiovascular system and mental functions.
Sutherlandia Frutescens (also known as Kankerbos, Unwele, Insiswa and Motlepelo) is regarded as the most profound and multi-purpose of the medicinal plants in Southern Africa. Sutherlandia powerfully assists the body to mobilize its own resources to cope with a diverse range of physical and mental stress. It is a safe and efficient homeopathic remedy that has a long history of use by all cultures in Southern Africa.
Besides its primary contemporary and traditional use in enhancing well-being, supporting the immune system and promoting longevity, Sutherlandia Frutescens is also used in the treatment of :
- Yuppie Flu
- Hot flushes & irritability in Menopause
- Viral Hepatitis
- Reflex Oesophagitis
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Peptic Ulcers
- ME Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Mild to moderate Hypertension
The chemical makeup of Sutherlandia Frutescens includes four key compounds who’s published biological activities validate the traditional uses of the plant. These compounds include:
- L-Canavanine – this potent non-protein amino acid is an L-Arginine antagonist with documented antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and anticancer properties. It is also a selective inhibitor of inducible nitric oxide syntheses and can therefore help in the treatment of septic shock and chronic inflammation.
- Pinitol – a known anti-diabetic agent that may have a clinical application in the treating of wasting in cancer and aids patients.
- GABA – an inhibitory neurotransmitter that is used for the treatment of anxiety and stress as well as improving mood and wellbeing
- SU1 – a novel triterpenoid glucoside with promising biological activities that are still being researched.
Preliminary scientific research and clinical experience around these compounds suggest that Sutherlandia Frutescens has powerful:
- Anti-cancer properties
Sutherlandia Frutescens and HIV/AIDS:
Scientific research and clinical experience also shows Suthelandia Frutescens to be a powerful inhibitor of Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF). Excess production of TNF is known to drive the wasting process in cancer, TB and AIDS patients. At present, researches have noted improvements in appetite, weight gain, better sleep patterns, improved exercise tolerance, relief from anxiety and a general sense of wellbeing in AIDS patients taking Sutherlandia Frutescens. However, they are also expecting a delayed progression of HIV into AIDS and are hoping for actual remission of the disease.
Leonotis Leonorus (also known as Lion’s Tail or Wilde Dagga) is a member of the mint family of plants and is traditionally used for the treatment of the following disorders:
- Coughs, colds, influenza & chest infections
- Spider bites, scorpion stings & snake bites
- Skin rashes &boils
- Delayed Menstruation
- Intestinal Worms